Sunday, February 11, 2007

Space Filler

It has been quite a while since I have taken the time to write anything. My page here looks pretty empty with just one pointless post- Maybe another will help a little...
For whatever reason, I haven't been inclined to take the time to sit here and reflect on much- partly because life has been SO busy lately, and partly because it's that time of year. February. Cold. Blah. This is, by far, my least favorite month of the year. Thankfully it's also the shortest.
And February in central Maine is, well, Cold. It's been so cold here even the snow is staying away.
As most of you probably know, I have been working very part time since we had our last baby. I love being home with my kids, and I wouldn't change it for anything. But, at the same time, I miss working, too. Especially because I really love what I do. I'll go back to that soon- I know I have lots of time for that, but my children will be little for only a short time. It passes so quickly- I can't imagine spending most of every day away from them. I would miss so much. As much as I love my carreer, and as much as I learn from it, it could never equal what I have experienced and learned through my children- about them, about myself, about life. I plan on talking about some of those things, at some point.
This blog really has no specific point- it'll probably be a little bit of everything, and nothing- whatever I'm thinking about at the moment. Some of it will be work related- stories, experiences, etc from the animal hospitals/clinics I've worked at. There is never a shortage of funny, unusual, gross, or flat out strange experiences when you work with animals- it never gets boring! But home life never gets boring either, so I'm sure you'll hear lots about that too. Probably more than you want to.
A few of the things that have happened since my last blog (on my (other) space): My brother David, and his wife Sam had their baby girl- December 15. Her due date was March 6, so little Mia came very early. The had us all very worried for a little while, but besides being teeny, and a bit undercooked, she's strong and fiesty, and is now finally out of the NICU and home with her parents. I can't wait to FINALLY see her next week!!!! (we never made it to the NICU due to one or all of us being sick every time we planned a visit).
My brother Isaac, and his wife HIA are expecting their first baby in July. I am so excited for them. Hia told me they just had an ultrasound, and they know the sex of the baby- but I can't say anything yet.
Our littlest guy, Ezra, just turned a year old in January- time flies. Everyone says that, but I've never experienced it as intensely as I do now that I have children, and I can actually watch them change by the day, with my own eyes.
My sister Debbie got her identity stolen. As of last week, they (whoever "they" are) has spent about $20,000 in her name. She won't be liable for any of it, but it's a huge pain-in-the-ass for her in the meantime. She's unsure how exactly her information was stolen, though she was one of the people who recieved notification that her info was compromised about a month ago because some hacker got into company files and stole account information (I forgot the name of the company responsible). She lives in Massachusettes, where a large proportion of the victims were from. No fun- especially since she just started her last semester of law school, and really doesn't need the extra stress!!
There has been lots of other things happening too, but I'm done for now- off to sleep (I know, it's pathetically early...) Goodnight!

No comments: